I Try Dip-Dyed / Ombre Hair!

My whole life I’ve noticed that a lot of asians dye their black hair, and normally it looks really good on them. I, on the other hand have never bothered dyeing my hair because I have a very sensitive scalp. That is, until I saw some pretty cool dip-dyed hair on celebrities, and people on the street.

It also happens to be okay for me because my scalp will be dye-free! So a few days ago when I walked into Hair Joy (37 Buccleuch Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9LT) which does cheap student discounts, besides badly needing a haircut I decided to try dip-dye too! Needless to say, Jane the lovely hairdresser did an amazing job and it turned out so well! So far I’ve got good reviews on it from my friends, so it doesn’t look too bad a job πŸ˜‰

It’s quite a radical look, but having a bit of change is always fun! The ends are bleached, and the procedure took slightly more than an hour (haircut + hairwash + blowdry included) so it isn’t too long a procedure πŸ˜€

Here are some pictures of my new hair woohoo!

My hair right after!

Necklace: DIY I did here!

My hair taken yesterday (4th day) πŸ˜€ Ignore the crumpled shirt (this is what happens when you’re living out of a suitcase!)

So if you’re thinking of whether to go dip-dye/ombre hair…try it! There are so many colours you can try out with πŸ˜€ As I’m such a newbie on dyed hair…I can apparently add more colours to my bleached hair when I do get tired of this coppery colour.

What do you think about the dip dye / ombre hair trend? I’d like to know!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Comments on I Try Dip-Dyed / Ombre Hair!

1. brownponytail
    August 11, 2012 at 4:22 pm (3 years ago)

it looks awesome on you!
    besides, you are stunning! such a pretty girl :) x

• cinnaspring
      August 12, 2012 at 12:45 am (3 years ago)

Thank you!! You should totally do the ombre hair – go more natural first πŸ˜€ If I do crazy colours I’ll let you know!

2. Naomi
    August 11, 2012 at 8:27 pm (3 years ago)

Pretty! I think it suits you :)
    Naomi x

• cinnaspring
      August 12, 2012 at 12:46 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Naomi!! I’m getting used to it – it’s so weird to suddenly see blonde-ish hair at the tips of my hair before I realise it’s actually mine haha!

• cinnaspring
      August 17, 2012 at 7:28 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Jen! πŸ˜€

3. beautywidbrainz
    August 13, 2012 at 6:10 pm (3 years ago)

Hey ! Great tip.. I just coloured my hair.. Will try it in future for sureee.. πŸ˜€

• cinnaspring
      August 17, 2012 at 7:29 pm (3 years ago)

Do give dip-dye a try, I’m sure it’d be fab πŸ˜€

• beautywidbrainz
        August 18, 2012 at 12:45 am (3 years ago)

I am sure too. It looked amazing on ur hair. WIll try it ans let you know :)

4. Hogger & Co. (@hoggerandco)
    August 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm (3 years ago)

Hey man, it looks good! Such a fun summer idea – you’d pull anything off though, I think!

• cinnaspring
      August 17, 2012 at 7:30 pm (3 years ago)

Well you can try the “chalking” if you just want to experiment! No bleaching, and fun to use chalk….wished I tried that out first! hahaha!

5. AJ's Mom
    August 19, 2012 at 3:19 pm (3 years ago)

Looks very pretty! I saw the ‘chalking’ thing and it looked fun to do. Wish I had long hair. (just cut mine the other day – and now with a fringe! LOL.

• cinnaspring
      August 20, 2012 at 11:45 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Donah! Hahaha well you can still play around with chalking on your shorter hair, or you could just do your fringe for fun!! I saw someone had that and surprisingly it looked good!

• AJ's Mom
        August 21, 2012 at 12:27 pm (3 years ago)

I’ll see if I’m that brave enough! LOL. In fact, I had a little incident few years ago about being ombre-d LOL. I think that was 2004 and I was about to go on holiday to my hometown and decided to dye my hair, I mean bleach underneath my hair! haha It was so funny and basically I ended up having two toned hair, brown on top and underneath was golden yellow or something. hahaha

6. Isla
    January 20, 2013 at 6:31 am (3 years ago)

Hi there! Just wondering how much it cost to have a wash, cut, blow dry and dip dye at Hair Joy? I’m thinking of doing exactly the same in Edinburgh and stumbled across your post! It looks great by the way!

• cinnaspring
      January 20, 2013 at 5:25 pm (3 years ago)

Hiya Isla! I managed to get mine below 50 quid….it was either 38 or 48 quid? If Jane is there (if I remember correctly, she’s from Poland) do say hi to her from a satisfied dip-dyed customer! πŸ˜€